Monday, November 15, 2010

favorite things

So, i thought instead of a playlist, which has become a bit too common on this blog, today, i'd post some pictures from the past few years that captured some of my favorite moments.

this is from Tristan's 8th birthday.  I love his big smile...which is rare because he's a brooder, and has a very quick temper.  adn i love the reason he's smiling:  not because it's his birthday, and not because he got money in his card.  but because the card says, "poop."


this is a picture from Tristan's 9th birthday, after my niece, Brylin was born.  And, i love it because that is my grandma (Bry's great-grandma) holding her, and my PawPaw is sitting beside them.


 This picture I love because Wendy and I were being completely ridiculous.  it was after a night out in Shreveport with the girls, and we were trying not to starte bawling like babies as she left for sunny CA.
 Samuel, a spiderman suit, and a mohawk.  enough said.
Sam found a pair of my mom's glasses and decided to put them on.  He was 3 at the time.  HILARIOUS. 
Tristan playing coach-pitch baseball two summers ago.  i edited the picture a little bit.  what I wish this could show was actually how good he was.  his team didn't make the playoffs, but he was picked up by another team. 
 This is my niece, Brylin's first birthday party.  you can see her smash cake.  what you can't see is how long it took her to realize that it was okay to play with her food because prior to that moment, she always got in trouble for it. 
 The boys playing in the living room of mom's house, wrestling like brother's do...until Sam gets hurt and starts crying.
 One of the first pics i ever took with my camera.  the focus and lack of focus was purely accidental...and subsequent attempts to copy this have failed.
 thanksgiving last year:  one of the rare moments where the boys aren't yelling at each other, hitting each other, or mad at each other.
 Also from Thanksgiving last year:  my sis, brother-in-law, and niece, Brylin.
 Mom and Bry.  Pure Sweetness.

And, finally, a pic of me and the boys from about two years ago.  it just makes me happy.


No comments: