Thursday, October 28, 2010

Top Twelve Delay...Friday Night Lights

I know you guys might be wondering where my Top Twelve Lines from Rocky Horror Glee Show might be.  Well, suffice it to say that yesterday I didn't have internet access, and today I walked out of the house without the list.  So, unfortunately, I will have to wait until the next time I am at work to post the list.  I also forgot my personal computer, so, I'm breaking my own rules now and am using my work computer during my lunch break to type up this short notice.

Please forgive me.  The list is coming soon.

Last night was the season 5 premier of Friday Night Lights on the 101 channel on DirecTV.  If you haven't checked this show out in the four previous years, shame on you.  It is a wonderful, beautifully accurate portrayal of small town Texas and football.  But, if you're not a huge football fan, you'll still enjoy the wonderful characters because, though football is the "vehicle" the show uses, it is not necessarily the primary focal point.  This is no Any Give Sunday with a bunch of teeth-jarring, bone-crunching aggression going on.  It falls more into the realm of The Mighty Ducks, but with football instead of hockey.  You care about the characters a great deal, which makes you want to see them have success.  If you don't have direcTV, you'll have to wait until the summer of 2011 to see the 5th (and final) season.  But, that gives you plenty of time to Netflix or iTunes the previous four seasons.  trust me when I say: It's worth it!

No comments: