Friday, November 12, 2010

i made it through the A's

So...i randomly decided to start my iPod at the beginning.  And see how long it would take me to listen through every song alphabetically.  No small feat, considering I have 2600 songs on my iPod.  I started last Saturday. 

The first song:  "Abba Father"  by Shawn Groves. 

The Last song:  "Awesome is the Lord Most High" by Chris Tomlin. 

And in between there was a wonderful hodge podge of beautiful music like:

"Accompany Me' - Bob Seger
"Ain't that a Kick in the Head" - Dean Martin
"Alien" - Delirious?
"All I Ask of You" - Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack
"Amazed" - Lone Star
"American Love" - Jack's Mannequin
"The Answer" - Shane and Shane
"As Long As You're Mine" - Wicked Soundtrack
"Assassins" - Muse
"Attics of My Life" - Grateful Dead

Of course, that wasn't all on the list...and I must admit that I have a few repeats because of compilations or live albums, and I tended to skip the multiples.  But, I made it through the A's in seven days.  I don't think i'll continue with the "B's" just yet.  There are a few relatively new purchases i'd like to listen to more...as well as some older stuff that I was reminded of while listening through the "A's"...like my Star Wars: Episode One soundtrack, and my Phantom of the Opera Soundtrack, and my Petra album.  But...I'll let you guys know when I start back up, and also what wonderful gifts the songs are when i get through the B's.

No comments: