Saturday, October 16, 2010

bry, the boys, and billy joel

so, yesterday I went over to mom's and hung out with her and the boys. And then my sweet niece, Brylin came over to stay at her Gigi's house because, unfortunately, my sister was sick, sick, sick...and was headed to the doctor. So...I got to spend bonus time with my favorite girl. always a plus!

The boys are so good with her. they get a little wound up at times and get too excited and play a little too hard around her, but it is so much fun to watch them dote on her. and mom, too. mom LOVES getting to spend time with her grandbaby.

Bry and the boys have a favorite game. the boys go hide behind a loveseat, and bry goes to look for them, and they come tromping out on hands and knees and chase her, and she turns on one foot and goes running into Gigi's lap, squealing and laughing. I wish I'd caught it on camera, but anytime i pull the camera out, Bry stops playing and wants to mess with the camera. but last night i was able to snatch a picture of her being silly. you can't really tell, but she's trying to be a monster. it was so funny, and I wish i'd gotten a picture of her facing the camera, but it didn't happen.

Anyway...needless to say, last night was loads of fun with Bry and the boys. And tonight, I'm gonna go back and see the boys again. Bry will be home with my sister, but the boys and I will still have fun.

And now...as a sort of unrelated adendum to a post about my niece and little brothers, I will just say that I purchased Billy Joel's greatest hits Vol 1&2 on iTunes today. So, I get to listen to the wonderful, "Piano Man" and "Only the Good die Young" and "Uptown Girl."

Yeah...it's a good day.

No comments: