Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's fun to be a blessing

So...last night I went to mom's house again because I didn't get to watch Castle the night before, and I also wanted to watch Tuesday's 19 Kids and Counting. (Love me some Duggars). Plus, any day I get to see my little brothers is a bonus. Anyway, I got there around 7:20 or so and found out mom felt bad. She was sick; the boys were all over the place, and she was all wrapped up in her robe on the back porch shivering.

Anyway...the boys went to bed around 9, and mom laid down and crashed with them, and, I was still there watching TV, and I looked around the messy kitchen with all the dirty dishes from that day, and just mess from having two boys...and I thought...well, why not? So, the clean dishes went in the cabinets, the dirty dishes were washed, the stovetop, counters, and kitchen table were cleaned. The floor got swept and the trash got taken out. And I'm excited for mom to get up today and see that someone took care of her for a change.

I loved the opportunity to love on my mom a little.

No comments: